Friday 13 May 2011

Moniaive Folk Festival Part 2

Alas it seems that the Moniaive folk festival part 1 blog has been eaten up in the problems that Blogger has been having this last day or so and I just don't have the time to type it all out again. I do have time to leave you with a mainly pictorial tour if the rest of the festival, No particular story to it except that it was all excellent and involved a very late night. My friends over on the Dark Side may find these pictures a little familiar.



The Cairn Chorus



Cassard




Martin Carthy



Chris Parkinson


Breabach







And of course lots of music in the pubs and cafe.





I'm off in the car for a few days now so there will be minimal appearance on me here until my return - hopefully with plenty of tales to tell.

6 comments:

The Glebe Blog said...

Wonderful stuff Sandy.Looks like a good time was had by all.

Unknown said...

"ok stupid question number 304" is that a hurdy gurdy he's playing?????

Sandy's witterings said...

Thanks Jim, a great time was had by all.

It's a nycleharpa - a Swedish key fiddle. By this time next year every one will have one. Hurdy gurdy's have a handle at one end for winding instead of a bow.

Unknown said...

"thank's for clearing that one up sandy" dont think i'll rush out and buy one, im going to opt for easy life and back up the drummer with four string's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael (Light-In-A-Box) said...

That was certainly going to be one of my questions, what is the violin, guitar, accordian type instrument? A Nycleharpa you say, gosh I never heard of it but it looks very interesting!! I'll have to check out YouTube for some sound samples...
Michael

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely photos of what looks like a grand time Sandy. Thanks for stopping by my language post, found your comments very interesting, and one of my best friends is Scots so I get a real good education from her too ;) Happy traveling!